The BoredAtOffice.com web site and service which is operated by Mind Camp Technologies, CC. (“Company”).
When does the Company collect my personal information?
You may provide personal information to the Company in several ways including: (1) by sharing your e-mail address when subscribing to our newsletter, (2) by sharing personal information when you submit news tips to our editorial team or by submitting a report via our Contact Form, (3) by sharing personal information when you post comments on our posts or stories, (4) by sharing contact information (Twitter username and Facebook account name) through our contests and Open Web Awards, (5) by signing up to be a member of our online social network, BoredAtOffice.com Follow, (6) by posting a job listing via our Jobs Board, or (7) by participating in a survey where an email address is requested. We may also ask for other information at other times but at no time will you be required to share any personal information to gain complete access to our site. BoredAtOffice.com is an open community but email addresses are requested to participate in some of our member-only features.
In addition to basic contact information, our analytics trackers may also collect other information. This may include the operating system you are working on, the Internet browser you are using, and the screen resolution of your computer.
How does BoredAtOffice.com use my personal information?
Depending on the portion of our site that you have subscribed to or interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways.
- The email address you provided through our newsletter subscription form enables us to send you a daily digest of BoredAtOffice.com news stories. This subscription is entirely opt-in by the user. (We cannot subscribe you to the newsletter as you personally must have access to the email account in order to verify the subscription.) Subscribers can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
- The email address that you use when contacting us with an editorial tip or via our Contact Form will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
- The email address associated with your account when you comment on our stories may be used in conjunction with contests and promotions hosted on BoredAtOffice.com's website to notify you if you have won. Email addresses provided in comments are not usually used for any other reason except that they may be used as a customer service and policy violation contact mechanism
- If you choose to comment on BoredAtOffice.com stories through Twitter and/or Facebook Connect, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
- We ask for a Twitter or Facebook account to verify the legitimacy of accounts voting in our Open Web Awards. We do not get any access to your personal data or private information.
- You volunteer your email address and other identifying information on our social network, BoredAtOffice.com Follow. We use your email address only to inform you if there is activity on your profile. You can opt out of these messages at any time.
- We may at times request your participation in a survey. We will not provide your email addresses to any third party but may contact you via them to distribute prizes in associated giveaways.
- We do not sell individual personal data or email addresses or allow them to be used for mailings you have not asked to receive.
When you sign up for our updates or receive e-mail messages from BoredAtOffice.com, you will always be given the chance to opt-out of our communications. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in manners consistent with your stated preferences.
Non-personally identifiable information (such as stated above) may be shared in aggregate form with our advertisers, business, or marketing partners but your personally identifiable information will never be disclosed to them.
Who else has access to my personal information?
Accounts associated with BoredAtOffice.com are all 'public.' By 'public,' we mean that certain information will be viewable by all users. What you see on other user profiles is the same information that other users can see about you.
Is there anything else I should know about my privacy and BoredAtOffice.com?
Any information you disclose voluntarily on our comments page or in any properties hosted by BoredAtOffice.com becomes public information. BoredAtOffice.com is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
BoredAtOffice.com Comment Policy
We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, "spammy" in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
Once a comment is made public on the BoredAtOffice.com website, we will not remove it by request. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
All comments and other content contributed to BoredAtOffice.com shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at BoredAtOffice.com's discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of this policy.
- Personal Attacks: Please don’t engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling or mindless abuse. The BoredAtOffice.com community should focus on intelligently discussing topics by furthering the conversation and informing the participants with resourceful and constructive ideas.
- Hate speech: Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated.
- Language and Threats: Please watch your language and respect other people’s views, beliefs and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
- No Spam: Spam and advertising content will be removed.
- Smear Tactics: Although we acknowledge criticism of our articles and our writers, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and smear tactics.
- Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
- Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the BoredAtOffice.com community by being respectful and considerate.
- Help us: Maintain an inviting interaction space by self-policing threads and flagging spam. Although we have a hands-on approach to community engagement, we do sometimes miss problem commenters or trolls. We appreciate your efforts to keep the BoredAtOffice.com community environment inviting, insightful and constructive. Let the conversations be quality ones.
BoredAtOffice.com Follow Profile Policy
BoredAtOffice.com's online social network is entirely opt-in by our members. The accounts listed in our database are created by members of the BoredAtOffice.com Follow network. Due to security considerations, BoredAtOffice.com will not process account deletion requests made via email. To delete an account, the account holder must sign into the network using his/her email address or username in order to permanently delete his/her account. If the account holder no longer has access to the email account upon which the account was created, the account holder will not be able to delete the account.